Need Help? Call Us On 0161 776 9832 For Expert Pest Control Advice On How To Identify Pest Infestations And Help Solve Your Pest Problem.
Professional Ashton-in-Makerfield Flea Treatment
What are fleas?
Fleas are parasitic insects with a complex life cycle. The adults are approximately 2mm long and have strong hind legs adapted to jumping. Their mouthparts are shaped for effective skin piercing and bloodsucking and they parasitize mammals and other warm-blooded animals such as birds. They usually prefer specific hosts but will feed on the blood of various animals, including humans, if they have to. Trying to deal with a flea infestation can be a particularly miserable experience and a good reason to call professionals to take care of Ashton-in-Makerfield flea treatment.
Bites, parasites, and diseases
Fleas can be a real nuisance. The first thing many notices is the bites. Flea bites appear as a reddish area with a tiny dark red spot in the middle. They can be extremely itchy and the irritation can persist for one to two days. Repeated bites can cause allergic reactions and hypersensitivity in some individuals. And if that wasn't reason enough to order an Ashton-in-Makerfield flea treatment service, it's important to know that fleas can also transmit the dog tapeworm to dogs, cats, and even humans. To avoid all the hassle of having these pests invade ur home the best bet to get rid of them as soon as you notice them, remember DIY products may spring to mind to get rid of them, but they are a waste of time and money. Save yourself the stress and irritation and get a professional involved to solve the flea infestation once and for all.
Then there are diseases that fleas may spread, including:
- Bubonic plague
- Murine typhus
These diseases are carried primarily by the rodent flea which can transmit them from infected mice and rats to humans. The bubonic plague can be particularly serious.
The flea lifecycle
The flea lifecycle includes eggs, larvae, pupae, and adults as follows:
- Adult fleas lay their eggs in places like carpets, bedding, clothing and between floorboards.
- Eggs hatch in 2-3 days into whitish larvae about 5mm long.
- Larvae are fully grown in 3-4 weeks after a few molts.
- The larvae pupate and begin developing into adults.
- As soon as the adults emerge from the pupae they start searching for a blood meal.
Ashton-in-Makerfield flea treatment will only be effective if all life stages, including eggs and larvae, are eliminated through effective flea fumigation. Professionals at Young's Pest Control will completely eradicate fleas in your property thanks to their extensive experience in dealing with this annoying pest.
Types of fleas
All kinds of fleas can cause problems in homes and premises, and the flea infestation is often traced to either pets or pests. The type of Ashton-in-Makerfield flea treatment the professionals choose depends on the primary host of the fleas in the property.
Different types of fleas found in properties include:
- The cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis)
- The dog flea (Ctenocephalides canis)
- The human flea (Pulex irritans)
- The bird flea (Ceratophyllus gallinae)
- The rodent flea (Xenophylla cheopis)
Professional flea control
Fleas don't need to be a time-consuming problem to deal with. These are some of the advantages of using Young's Pest Control for your Ashton-in-Makerfield flea treatment needs:
- An accurate assessment of the extent of the infestation.
- Eradication of all life stages, including adults and larvae, through a properly performed flea fumigation.
- Elimination of pests if they are hosts to the fleas.
- Protection of property from re-infestation.
- Fast service with minimal disturbance.