Need Help? Call Us On 0161 776 9832 For Expert Pest Control Advice On How To Identify Pest Infestations And Help Solve Your Pest Problem.
Professional Cheadle Hulme Flea Treatment
Fleas are tiny, wingless, parasitic insects that suck the blood of people and animals. They are able to move through the feathers and hairs of their victims due to their backwards-pointing bristles. These bristles also make fleas difficult to remove even with grooming. The most common flea species in the United Kingdom are the dog, bird, cat, and human fleas.
Where fleas are found
Fleas thrive in the bodies of humans, birds, wild animals, and domestic animals such as dogs, cats, and rabbits. Cat and dog fleas are the most common pet fleas. They can also be found in warm, dark, and undisturbed places like bedding, soft furnishings, rugs, carpets, pet beds, and linen.
Signs of flea infestation on pets and humans
• Insects are seen moving between hairs
• Pets biting and scratching excessively on their skin
• Raw or dry pet skin
• Small red scabs or sores
• Tapeworms in pet faeces
• Dark specs of dried blood (flea dirt)
• Excessive scratching of human hair
• Scratching of human skin accompanied by red sores
• Hair loss on both pets and humans due to excessive scratching
Problems that fleas can cause
• They are irritating and annoying to pets and humans.
• Flea allergy dermatitis – This is excessive shedding and severe skin irritation of dog skin caused by flea saliva.
• Tapeworms – They cause rectal irritation, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, and weight loss in dogs and can also be passed on to humans and other pets.
• Diseases – They carry mites that can transmit chyletilla dermatitis, murine typhus, bubonic plague, demodectic mange, and sarcoptic mange to pets and humans.
• Flea anaemia – This problem affects pets and can cause episodes of collapse, skin discolouration, loss of appetite, and lethargy.
Why do-it-yourself flea removal is not advisable
Once you discover flea infestation, immediate Cheadle Hulme flea treatment for both your animals and home is important. Trying to carry out flea fumigation and other treatments on your own could be an exercise in futility due to the following reasons:
• Fleas are stubborn pests that can only be eradicated through detection, thorough treatment, and patience.
• They multiply and spread rapidly making it difficult to trace all of them.
• Killing a few fleas does not deal with the root cause of the problem.
• If thorough Cheadle Hulme flea treatment is not carried out, re-infestation could recur within a short time.
The benefits of professional Cheadle Hulme flea treatment
Today, there are many reputable companies that provide professional flea control services. It is advisable to leave flea fumigation and flea control to such professionals due to the following reasons:
• They have the necessary equipment, products, materials, skills, and expertise to deal with this problem efficiently.
• They inspect and survey the property thoroughly to understand the magnitude of the problem and decide on the best approach.
• The methods and products they use are safe.
• They offer a lasting solution to the problem.
• They offer their customers advice on how to prevent future infestations.
One of the professional Cheadle Hulme flea treatment firms in the UK is Young’s Pest Control. They provide effective and efficient services to commercial and residential properties at cost-effective prices. One can easily get in touch with them through the phone or here by using the ‘contact us’ section.