Questions all about Wasps
As you can imagine, for a busy pest control company like ourselves we deal with wasps all through the summer months, ever so often customers ask us a wide range of questions. So we decided to answer them all in one go or at least try:-
- Is our wasp nest dangerous? Wasps can be very dangerous, always best to get professionals to help.
- Are wasp’s nests reused? A wasp nest is only ever used once.
- Are wasp’s nests empty in winter? Once the workers and queens have left or died the nest is left empty but caution should be taken and a professional used to remove the nest.
- Are wasp’s nests active at night? Yes, they are all at home so to speak.
- Are wasp’s nests in the ground? Yes, we do many cases of a wasp nest in the ground.
- Are wasp’s nests dormant in winter? They’re not dormant but the Colony has died.
- Can wasp’s nest damage house? Rarely they cause damage but yes they can.
- Can wasp’s nest inside a house? Yes, a wasp will nest in a number of locations lofts behind the cladding, in Windows pretty much anywhere it’s safe than to do some.
- Do wasp’s nests survive the winter? The Colony dies for the winter because of a lack of food and the weather.
- Do wasp’s nest in trees? Yes, they can nest in trees.
- Do wasp’s nests go away? Only when the winter arrives.
- Do wasp’s nests have a queen? Yes, the Queen starts the nests as she has to lay the eggs at the end of the summer she will produce new Queens that mate ready for next year.
- Do wasp’s nests return? Wasps might return to the same area but will never use an old nest.
- Do wasp’s nest decoys work? In my experience, I have never seen a decoy work.
- Do wasp’s nests die over winter? Yes.
- Do wasp’s nests need to be removed? They don’t have to be removed but if you have a wasp nest that is easily accessible in the winter months once the nest is dead you should hire a professional to remove the nest as other pests such as moths may use the nest.
- Wasp’s nest has spiders inside? This is because the old nest was never removed.
- Are wasp’s nests dangerous? Yes, they can be very dangerous.
- How wasp’s nests are made? Wasps make their nests by chewing up wood from fence panels sheds and other places where would is.
- How to kill wasp’s nest? You should hire a professional as they can be very dangerous without the correct PPE and knowledge of the chemicals you’re using.
- How to find wasp’s nest? You will usually see wasps entering and leaving the property from a small hole look at areas around the roof and air ven4ts.
- What wasp’s nest made of? A wasp nest is made up of wood.
I hope this helps if you have any questions about wasps please feel free to get in touch.